Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Pledge Drive

I’ve decided to invest my time (time is money) into Patreon. Although I love creating art, for the sake of creating art and sharing it with the world for free...




...I also need to make a living…What i’ve been doing, up to this point in time, is to work a full time job and draw when I can. Well, times, the are a changin. And Michael is a charging...for some stuff. Although to view my exclusive Patreon stuff, will cost you a small monthly fee, this Blog and my two Webcomics, Missed Approach and Cosmic Fowl will remain free. My Patreon page is a way for you to support my art and in return, get access to exclusive stuff on Patreon.


Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the nice comments about my art, when I post drawings online. However, the nice comments haven't turned into capital (i.e., money). So I need to reorganize and prioritize. I’m going to start running my art as a business (and a profitable business at that). I realize I’m might upset a few of the Greta Van Fleet lovin’, Bernie Sanders following, tree huggin’ people out there..but that's the risk I must take to make a profit (and make a profit, I must - Yoda). I can't continue to make the the success of someone else a priority, while my success comes as an afterthought. So in 2019, my art (i.e., my business) is the priority. Patreon is the first step.


For those of you who think I'm becoming callous and money hungry, I have a suggestion. Tomorrow morning, go to the company you work for and let them know you have decided to work for free. Tell them, you’re giving up your paycheck and volunteering to work for free. Basically, this is what I would be doing, by continuing to post my art work for free.


I’m not asking you to give up your hard earning pay for nothing. Most of my patron tiers come with stuff in return (i.e., free caricatures, birthday cards from me, discounts...) and of course, exclusive access to new art!


So I guess you can think of this Blog, as my Patreon Pledge Drive. Check out my Patreon page and see what you think…




See you in the funny pages.


P.S. This Blog remains free!

No comments:

Post a Comment