Sunday, October 9, 2016

Boredom

There’s something to be said about playing it safe...it’s boring. Boredom makes me nauseous and encourages me to do stupid things, including...overeating, gambling and considering getting into a relationship...ugh! Any of which would lead me into becoming what I don't want to be, i.e., an overweight 50-something, who gambles too much to avoid spending time with a woman he doesn't love. Whom he got into a relationship if the first place with, with because he was….BORED.


It’s not that I don't want to fall in love again. I actually did almost two years ago. Unfortunately I didn’t realize it, until she was gone. I regret letting her go...and she told me I would.


Anyways...back to avoiding boredom.


January 1st life is changing drastically for me. I am in the currently preparing for this life change. Thankfully I believe in the philosophy, of “baby steps” (or maybe I believe in Bill Murray movies).




I’m currently getting rid of excess baggage, both literally and figuratively. Although I've already started taking a few steps in my journey, my next major step toward January 1st is a  454 mile journey in a 37 year old automobile. This journey is addressing many issues, including my proclivity to playing it safe.


Stayed tuned.

Hey! I almost forgot! It’s would have been John Lennon’s 76th birthday today! Happy birthday Mr. Lennon! In honor of his birthday my latest creation is of John. circa, approximately 1964.




No comments:

Post a Comment