Monday, April 27, 2020

It's All About My Happiness

I'm pretty happy these days. I know that may be the politically incorrect feeling to have, given the state of the planet, but I'm pretty happy. Sure I have things to worry about, my income has taken a hit since this virus arrived (as such, I'm behind on bills...but who isn't??), my weight fluctuates too much and I seem to be tired a lot (Hey, wait a minute...maybe there's a correlation between those last two things??), but overall, I'm pretty happy. I believe at the root of this politically incorrect happiness is the fact that I'm creating some really special art.

Brian May

Of course, "special" is my biased opinion, however that biased opinion is now the only one that matters to me, when it comes to my drawings. Not too long ago, I needed (sought??) the approval of others when it came to my own satisfaction with my art. I was creating art for everyone but me. When I didn't receive the majorities approval of my work, I was disappointed and unhappiness followed. Even if I liked the art I created, if I didn't receive positive feedback (to put in into terms "today's world" can relate to, "LIKES"), unhappiness ensued. Why did this awakening occur during this pandemic, honestly I'm not sure?? However, I believe it had something to do with the forced isolation and the time that isolation gave me to spend time with my consciousness, without being bothered with meaningless distractions. Whatever the reason for my enlightenment, I am a happier person for it. 


I believe William Shakespeare's words, said it best, “This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man."


Peace out dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment