Monday, July 5, 2021

It's a good day!

It's been a good weekend. Not only because I've been feeling amazing lately, I've also created two of the most beautiful caricatures I have ever created. Yep, I feel good. 


Now of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but being the creator, I take exception to that rule. These are amazing drawings and I'm very proud of them. Let's take a look…


The first one, is a caricature of Elvis Presley. Not only am I a fan, I may be obsessed with the King. Is obsession a bad thing? I guess given the extent of the obsession, it could be. However, I'm not going to obsess over my obsession with Elvis Presley. Trust me, I have it under control...I think??


This drawing was created on, July 2nd, 2021 on 11" x 16" Canson Illustration board, with pen & ink and a tiny bit of wash. The drawing will soon be available at the Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online Store (https://michaelhopkinscaricatures.ecwid.com/) both the original and limited edition Giclee prints.


Elvis Presley - Circa 1971
by Michael Hopkins
Created 07/02/2021


The second is also a second (huh??). I created my first Charlie Chaplin in 2010. This one was created July 4th 2021. I love this drawing.


This second Charlie Chaplin caricature was created on 11"x16" Canson Illustration board with pen & ink and ink wash. This original drawing and limited edition prints are available at the Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online Store https://michaelhopkinscaricatures.ecwid.com/ 


Charlie Chaplin
by Michael Hopkins
Created 07/04/2021


That's all for now, we'll talk soon...
Michael



No comments:

Post a Comment