Saturday, January 15, 2022

It Continues


I think my biggest flaw is that I’m easily distracted (usually by a beautiful woman). However, I don't think that is going to change, so I need to work my distractions into the daily rotation of my life. That may sound callous (especially when it comes to including a relationship into one’s daily rotation), however I think it's necessary in order to achieve one's objective. As such, I have decided to set daily goals in my life to achieve my objective of being a self-sustaining independent artist, by the date I have chosen to jump out of this airplane without the full time job parachute. I’ll either fly or I’ll crash and burn.. 

I have also always believed that you need a strong body and strong mind to achieve one's objectives and thanks to my son’s relentless encouragement , I have taken my first “baby steps” to a goal of a healthier me.
 

Of course, believing in a theory  and actually practicing that theory is wherein lies the conundrum. So I have decided to get some help on the topic and some research. I've turned to the books of the author, H.E. Davey (yes, reading will also be a daily objective). His writings seem to coincide with my thoughts, so I've ordered a book of his and will share my thoughts of that book in a future blog.

The innate harmony that exists between mind and body is one of the secrets behind the amazing power of Shin-shin-toitsu-do, which is weakened by an inefficient use of the body. Our bodies must be strong, relaxed, and healthy to respond to our minds' commands. - Author: H.E. Davey 

Thanks to Google, creating a daily planner with daily goals and daily reminders is impossibly easy and hard to ignore. However, actually completing those daily goals is wherein lies the challenge, This is a  challenge I have accepted because the consequences of not achieving those daily goals and my objectives is, if not unhappiness, its continued comfortable numbness, which is my current state of mind and part of my motivation to take on this challenge.

There's just one more thing…



Besides my original drawings, I am now offering three different sizes of Giclee prints of my original drawings at The Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online Store. 
Following are the sizes and prices of my prints.

11”x 14” - $200.00
8.5” x 11” - $125.00
5”x7” - $50.00

If you’re interested, please visit The Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online Store.

Thanks for subscribing Karen, wherever you are...

Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment