Sunday, April 16, 2023

Pricing…Ugh!

Pricing my art has been on my mind lately…and no, Dementors, I’m not lowering the prices on my original art (we’ll address my original art prices below). The prices I’m referring to are my Limited Edition Giclée Print prices. 

For the last few months, my giclée print prices have been set at $100.00 for my 11”x17” prints and $75.00 for 8”x 10" prints. After doing some research (and given the fact that my prints weren't selling as well as I hoped) I have made the determination that my print prices may be a bit too high. As such, I’ve lowered the prices on my giclée prints to $75.00 for each 11”x14" print and lowered my 8” x 10” prints to $50.00 each. Also, I'm considering re-introducing the 5”x7” prints. I haven't decided yet on the price for the 5”x7” prints, however I'm considering the $25 to $35 range…what do ya think?

As for my originals, I feel that they are priced appropriately. Of course there are many dementors out there who keep telling me that my originals are priced way too high. I disagree. Although my prices for my originals are substantial, these original drawings are a one of a kind work of art that will never be created again. They are of a significant value and I am holding firm on these prices. Any art collector who purchases these drawings can be rest assured that they will hold their value as an investment. The prices may change, however that change will only be an increase...should the demand increase. Now that I've stated that, let me state for the record that I’ve created several ways of obtaining my original art at a price lower than the value that I have established for each drawing.

1) As stated in the headline at The Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online StoreIf you see one of my Original Caricatures that you really enjoy and would like to make an offer that is below the listed price, please feel free to contact Michael at scribblesisme@yahoo.com, as we will consider all reasonable offers. (i.e., make me an offer!)

2) Periodically throughout the year, I offer discount coupons at The Michael Hopkins Online Store. These discounts are promoted on all my social media sites (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)

3) Randomly I offer some of my originals at a temporarily reduced price. You can see an example of this on the upper right hand side of this page. My Cheap Trick original drawing is currently offered at a temporary reduced price. 

None of these discounts affect the value I have placed on the drawings. It just offers a temporary opportunity for those who value my work to obtain my drawings at a lower price. However, the value of my original drawings remain at the original value I have placed on them.

So how does one obtain one of these discounts? Keep your eyes open and follow me on Instagram (@iamscribbles), The Michael Hopkins Cartoons Facebook Page and Twitter (@iamscribbles).


Talk to you soon!

Michael





No comments:

Post a Comment