Saturday, April 7, 2018

Update - April 7th, 2018

So I'm back on the drawing board and here’s my latest…


This is  my daughter Jennifer and her beau Eli. I’ve never met Eli (mostly ‘cause they’re 700 miles away). However, being the expert facial analysis/caricaturist that I am, his facial features suggest he’s a nice guy. I drew this caricature using, Faber-Castell, PITT Artist Pens



The major advantage is, that it makes the drawing process much quicker, while still providing good detail Although they do work well, I feel like I don’t get the depth from the drawing that I do when I use pen nibs and ink.

Last Saturday I performed at a gig, at The Ballroom of Reno. It turned out really well and it was an enjoyable way to kick off the 2018 Michael Hopkins Caricatures roadshow. Following are some of my favorites from that event. Next Saturday, I’m back at Lake Tahoe where love is in the air and I’m drawing caricatures among all that love.





On the Little Red Haired Girl front (see the January 11th blog), I’m making progress. There were major advances this past week. Stay tuned…

AND...although I stated previously that Cosmic Fowl is returning..it still is.


No comments:

Post a Comment