Thursday, February 27, 2020

First Event of 2020

Hello All,


Last Friday, February 21st, was my first event of 2020 and it was a good night. The people attending the event were really cool and everybody seemed to be in good spirits. The event was an awards program for Renown Health's employees. It was Superheroes themed and a really classy event. Although a lot of companies do this type of thing, a lot of companies don't, which is a bummer. Employees are the backbone of any company and if a company doesn't show appreciation for their employees, that lack of appreciation, will eventually show in the companies success (or failure). Anyways...Renown Health obviously appreciates their employees and it was cool thing to see and I was happy I could provide some of the entertainment for the evening. Here are a few pictures from the event.








UPDATE: I'm getting closer to going digital. The progress is slow, because the equipment can be expensive. However, I expect to see the expense offset somewhat by some cost savings (i.e., paper, pens, etc….) and I would hope, increased bookings. Also, I believe I can digitize my webcomics (Missed Approach and Cosmic Fowl), which should help me speed up the creation process and it should also improve the quality of the webcomics (including color) and of course, my output. I will also be able to produce my own paraphernalia for both, Missed Approach and Cosmic Fowl (bumper stickers, t - shirts…). As long as it doesn't reduce the quality of my webcomics, I'll be a happy camper. I still plan on using good old fashioned paper, pen and ink, for my, Michael Hopkins Original Art and that will never change. That is an important part of their uniqueness and appeal (in my own humble opinion…).


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment