Thursday, May 6, 2021

I'm Going Slightly Mad

Random discussion between my left brain and my right brain (usually occurring around 3:30am while waiting for a 757 from Oakland to arrive)


What the hell am I doing here!?!? There’s gotta be a better way to make a living than arriving for work at 3:00am, driving a *circa 1963, barely-idling, jerry rigged, obsessively bouncing, 4ft x 4ft box, attached to a 10,000 gallon tank of potentially flammable, aviation fuel!


*Note. Aforementioned vehicle, maintained, by in-house maintenance professional and Country Music Legend, Willie Nelson. Oh...wait a minute...maybe he's not Willie Nelson...




Oh, and you have a better place to be?


I AM AN ARTIST DAMMIT! I have much better places to be. My drawings have been displayed all over this world! My caricatures have captured the imagination of all who have seen them!


So what are you doing here?


I choose to be here, my good Sir! I chose to participate in the exciting world of aviation to cultivate and inspire ideas for my webcomic, “Missed Approach” See, through immersing myself in the aviation world, I become one, with the aviation community!









Not a bad idea...so how’s your webcomic, "Missed Approach” doing? 


Uhh...I haven't drawn a new one in about 2 years…


I’m going back to bed




Thank you folks! By the way, I just flew in from Reno/Tahoe International and boy are my arms tired!



Don't forget to tip your waitress on the way out!


On a more solemn note...let's, be kind to to the homeless man, in the pastel colored plaid shirt, on the street corner. He may be your former Operations Manager, who decided to give up his career, in his search for happiness.






No comments:

Post a Comment