Saturday, September 10, 2022

Happiness is Attainable


Good morning. Blog number 3 of 365. I started this goal (365 Blogs in a row) on my 61st birthday and I WILL complete this goal. Hopefully, by the end of the goal, I will have figured shit out and I will be at a better place when it comes to my state of mind. Happiness is attainable.


I love drawing and creating art. When I'm in the process of creating art I’m in a better place mentally and physically. I know that may sound strange to many of you but it’s the complete truth. I’m a better person when I’m creating. Opposite of that theory, when I'm not creating I'm miserable. Even if I’m doing something that I enjoy, I only receive temporary satisfaction, for a short period of time. However, it’s just a fix, like a good cup of coffee (something else that can't live without) 


Take for example my current occupation as a mild mannered reporter for the Daily Planet (occupation and names have been changed to protect the innocent..i.e., me). I wouldn’t be here if I didn't need a second occupation to pay the bills. In fact, I wouldn’t  have a second occupation, if my art paid the bills. However, since do I need to pay the bills, one would think that this occupation would be perfect for me. I should love this job. This job should be the least “miserability creating occupation”. I'm surrounded by aviation. I love aviation. However, most of the time, I’m miserable at the Daily Planet and I unconsciously find things that make me more miserable and then I dwell on them. Trust me, I don't have to look far to find miserable creating elements at The Daily Planet. There are plenty of things there to make one miserable, including, incompetency, heat (in the summer) and the cold (in the winter), inadhereance to policies and working with psychopaths (you know who you are). However, even if everything was sunshine and lollipops at the Daily Planet, I would still find a way to be miserable. The complete end of my miserableness will only come when I’m completely self-sufficient as an artist. Until then, I’ll keep creating, and overload on caffeine to get through my day..


Which bring me back to the purpose of this Blog; i.e., to figure shit out and of course. bring the universe’s attention to my scribbles..


P.S. Universe, the links are below…


https://michaelhopkinscaricatures.ecwid.com/

https://www.facebook.com/michaelhopkinscartoons

https://cosmicfowl.blogspot.com/

https://missed-approach.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment