Saturday, October 22, 2022

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tolerate Online Dating

Is it me…or does meeting people at online dating sites seem more like job interviews than finding someone you want to spend time with? What happened to the days when one person was attracted to another person and said person asked (the person they were attracted to) if they wanted to meet for some coffee, or lunch or whatever??? Maybe it's my lack of patience for modern day online social etiquette, however I’m not going spend weeks online answering questions about why I don't post more international travel photos (because the only international place I've been is International House of Fucking Pancakes) or what the environmental consciousness movement means to the plight of the red spotted backwards walking beetle in southern Mozambique (or similar WTF! questions) before we meet for a cup of coffee and decide whether we want to see each other's face ever again?

However, since I (begrudgingly) paid the fee to this dating site, I’m going to continue my foray into this strange trip in hopes of finding someone who enjoys coffee, road trips and Alice Cooper as much as myself. Wish me luck, I’ll keep you updated…


My most recent gig was last Wednesday and Thursday. If you've read my blogs, you know I'm my own worst critic, however this last one's results (good caricatures and happy people) ranks up there with the best of my gigs. So here's a few pictures from the event that I consider pretty damn good! 














By the way, if you're interested in booking me for your next event (Christmas Party time is coming!) Give me a call and we’ll set it up. Make your next event, your best event!  My number’s (775) 276-0256 or email me at scribblesisme@yahoo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment