Wednesday, July 19, 2023

BatJack

My latest drawing owes its existence to my son. One evening, a few days ago, I received a text from my son featuring a short video from Jack in the Box, featuring Jack himself. Jack is the founder, CEO and ad spokesman for the chain (tongue firmly implanted in cheek). In the video, Jack was explaining that he was going to be appearing at the San Diego Comic Con, however, he didn't know what kind of costume to wear. So he asked viewers of the video for suggestions. Being a huge fan of the Jack In the Box fast food chain (it's my favorite addiction treatment center, not named Starbucks) I decided to give it a whirl and give Jack a suggestion via a drawing (it's what I do). Anyways…to make a long story short, here’s my suggestion to Jack on what he should wear to the San Diego Comic Con.


As you can tell from my drawing, I'm definitely a Baby Boomer (although I'm on the tail end of that generation - 1945-1964) by my still impassioned love of the Caped Crusader. I imagined Jack in the role, Adam West made famous in the 1960's series, Batman!. As he climbs the side of the building (via the Bat-rope) who should pop out of a window but his arch nemesis Ronald McDonald!

Whap! Sock! Pow! Cannot be far behind!

Until then, tune in next time! Same Michael Hopkins Cartoons Blog time, same Michael Hopkins Cartoons Blog channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment