Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tossed Salad and Other Stuff

I love the television show, Frasier. I have yet to see the updated Frasier, however, from what I'm hearing so far, the reviews are mixed. Of course, I'm far from the only Frasier fan out there. There are many devotees of one of the best comedic television shows in history of television (yes, I rank, Frasier, right up there with, Newhart, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Peep Show and Arrested Development). However, Frasier's popularity has spawned Frasier Snobbists. What are Frasier Snobbist's?? The majority of these narcissistic individuals are, "know it all's”, who think their opinions about Frasier (or anything else for that matter) are the only opinions needed. These highly irritating individuals are as much fun to be around as an Anthony Fauci press conference. As such, most people avoid these Snobbists like the plague (get it???) or they lack the intestinal fortitude to speak out against the Frasier Snobbists. So rather than confronting them on their often inane opinions, these narcissistic individuals' opinions (through lack of challenge), becomes a connoisseur's opinion when in actuality it's just an opinion and like rectums, we all have one.


My biggest gripe with the Snobbists opinion, is their disregard for the final seasons of the original Frasier. These seasons have many of my favorite episodes,  The Doctor is Out (Season 11, episode 3) and High Holidays (Season 11, Episode 11), Star Mitzvah (Season 10, episode 6) for that matter, I enjoyed most every other episode of the later seasons. However and it's a BIG HOWEVER, I loathe the whole series of episodes concerning Niles heart surgery in Season 10. This was hardly the first time a television show had tried to inject drama into a perfectly good comedy series. Why do they do this?? Maybe actors want to showcase their dramatic ability? Maybe the ratings were struggling? I don't know?? Anyways, I didn't like it and that's all I have to say about that.What’s your opinion of the Niles heart surgery episodes?


Let's change the subject to my drawings. Here are my latest creations. The first one is John Wilkes Booth. What?!? I know, I know. I have no clue where the idea for this drawing came from, probably my interest in history….anyways…



The next drawing is getting back to aviation. It is titled, "Somewhere in the Nevada Desert". It features the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit a.k.a., The Stealth Bomber.



This drawing was created on October 22nd, 2023, on Strathmore Smooth Bristol paper 11"×17" with India ink,  Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pens and a wash (and lots of cross hatching!). 


Now back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment