Monday, January 5, 2015

2015



Now it’s 2015. 


As for last year, it no longer exists. I rode the escalator, for most of the year. Although I created a few pieces that I was proud of, overall I was disappointed. I felt my dreams fading away. Lying in bed on New Year’s Eve, looking back at last year and trying determine what caused this sleepwalk though the 53rd year of my existence,
  
Pink Floyd s, *Comfortably Numb, comes on the radio…


Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease the pain
Get you on your feet again


Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?


There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying


When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand

This is not how I am

I have become comfortably numb


510 minutes a day, 260 days a year, there is nobody in there...

On a daily basis, I escape to alternate dimension and observe…



I watch myself coexisting with empty souls who's lives have become what I fear the most. Their “reality”, is a mind numbing slow ride towards an inevitable conclusion…does nobody care?



Are they unaware and unable to realize what is happening?


Okay
Just a little pinprick
There'll be no more
But you may feel a little sick


Now can you stand up?
I do believe it's working good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go


There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying


When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown the dream is gone


I have become comfortably numb


My soul can’t survive, another year in this” reality”.


Time to start drawing…

*Comfortably Numb
Writer(s): R. Waters, Roger Waters, D. Gilmour, David Jon Gilmour
Copyright: Roger Waters Music Overseas Ltd., Pink Floyd Music Publr. Inc., Pink Floyd Music Publishers Ltd., Artemis Muziekuitgeverij B.V., Pink Floyd Music Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment