Thursday, March 26, 2020

Time on my Hands

Hello All!


With time on my hands, I've been drawing a lot lately and have been extremely satisfied with the results. Prior to this virus' takeover of the world, I found it difficult to sit down and draw every night. However, now with less distractions to take away my focus from my art, I've found the drive/motivation, that had eluded me lately. So if there's any good to come from this, forced social distancing, it's (at least for me) increased creativity. Sould art historians someday, look back on my life (yes, that's a stretch) they will probably call this, Michael's Corona Period….and hopefully people wont assume I turned to beer with salt and lime.


The first drawing I want to share is an, Aviation Caricature. It's of a British Airways Boeing 747-8. The inspiration for this drawing, was my love of the airplane. I like the classic Boeing airplanes (707, 727 and 747), more than I like the current lineup. The current Boeing airplanes seem, "cookie cutter" and unimaginative, compared to the classic generation. Although I have to say, the newest 777X is kinda cool. Anyways, here's the drawing….


My next drawing is of a former customer of mine, from my bartending daze (pun intended). After her charming personality and beautiful smile, the thing I most remember, is her drink of choice, vodka soda (with limes). I believe that most bartenders associated their customers, with their drink of choice. Sometimes it's easier to associate a drink with a face, than to remember a name. However, I never had a problem remembering anything about Traci....she's very memorable :)


What's next? Here's a clue, Ford's (not the automobile). 


Have a great day!


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment