Saturday, July 18, 2020

Isabella Anatolia Manatova

Greetings! Today I want to share with you my latest creation, Isabella Anatolia Manatova.


 Isabella Anatolia Manatova by Michael Hopkins
07/18/2020

I created Isabella on a 16” x 7 ¾” Canson art board in pen & Ink with a slight wash. I’ve never created anything like Isabella before. Although you can tell that it’s my work (style) it is also quite different from my other pieces of art...however, I am very pleased with the result. I honestly don't know where the inspiration for this drawing came from. I woke up this morning and she was on my mind, so I immediately put her onto paper.  


Over the years I have had all sorts or ideas for creations, however most of them, I failed to act upon. The reason was usually because I didn't think the people who enjoyed the type of art I produced at the time, would appreciate or understand, new/different directions. As such, I let these ideas go and never put them on paper. I’m now at a phase in my career, where I'm drawing for myself (except of course, when I’m drawing caricatures at a gig or a commissioned piece). However, when I create new original pieces of art now, I don’t worry about what other people might think. This has made Michael a much happier person and I think the results speak for themselves. Below are a couple more examples of work that I have created recently, that the younger Michael would have tossed aside.

Bella

Bellolesya by Michael Hopkins
05/03/2020

"Abe"

Abraham Lincoln
03/28/2020

This is also  partially the reason for the recent flood of aviation art I have created recently. I’m really fascinated by aviation and flight. When I was very young some of my earliest drawings we’re aviation caricatures and I’m proud to say that it continues now. This is also the reason I fuel airliners during the weekdays, I love being around airplanes. Even if my art suddenly made millions, I would continue fueling aircraft . It inspires me and makes me happy. Isn’t that what life is all about?


See ya next time!


Michael




No comments:

Post a Comment