Sunday, July 5, 2020

Let's take a trip to Lake Tahoe and draw some caricatures!

Because of COVID-19 it’s been a while since I’ve drawn my event caricatures. Although I felt no apprehension during the week leading up to the event, I have to admit, I didn’t sleep well the night before and had a few dreams about not being able to draw…would I still be able to draw?

I woke up to a beautiful July 4th morning. Although I had planned to make a stop at Mac’s and grab some 2 for $5.00 Sausage McMuffin & Egg sandwiches and coffee, on the way up to Tahoe, the bacon in the fridge called my name and instead of mac’s, I made my own breakfast. A penny saved is a penny earned, right?

I headed down to the Batcave at 8:30am. With the windows rolled down in the Batmobile, I turned on Batphone to Art Bell’s Dark Matter broadcast.. “Atomic battery to power, turbines to speed”  Check and check...Let's roll!

What a magnificent drive it was! The batmobile performed well (as expected) and I think it enjoyed the drive as much as I did. When you’re driving from Reno to Tahoe, your world changes as you drive up US50 from Carson City. You go from a desert world of stripmalls and pavement to an oasis in about 12 miles. 






Lake Tahoe is probably my favorite place in the world. My old favorite, Mt Rainier National Park is a close second. My third is Las Vegas...nobody understands this and I feel no need to explain. My fourth is the Pacific Ocean (any location on the Pacific coast). My fifth favorite use to be Seattle, but now since it appears to be on life support, Virginia City, moves up the list. 

I arrived at the Tahoe Beach and Ski Club at 10am. The staff at Tahoe Beach and Ski Resort are some of the nicest, most accommodating people I’ve ever met. Especially Meagan and Riley! Those two were awesome! They had my canopy set up when I arrived and both were very accomodating concerning my requests. They started my day off right and it only got better from there. The guests were great, the pictures turned out well and it turned out to be a great comeback for my event caricatures! 

Here’s to things only getting better from here!











No comments:

Post a Comment