Sunday, August 2, 2020

How About, Sunday Updates?

Greetings!


I just had a thought. Instead of trying (and not succeeding) to update this blog on a (more or less) daily basis, I’m going to update every Sunday. For me it’s a mellow day of the week (especially in the morning) and a good time to reflect on the past week and make plans for the upcoming week. So I’ll start doing that, and if the demand is there in the future for more updates, we’ll consider expanding. However for now, tune in to the blog on Sunday’s and I'll keep you updated on what's going on in the world of iamscribbles. 


In reference to the art, this past week was a very productive week. I restarted my web comic, Missed Approach, completed a couple of new caricatures and made some positive strides on my Fine Art America account. Also, although I haven’t sold anything on Ebay, I’m getting a lot of views of my work.


On the negative side of things, I’m still gathering no interest in my Patreon page. I’m not panicking about that, I really think I need to create more interest in my work, before I’ll find anyone that wants to support my page. How can I create more interest? Right now that's the million dollar question. 


Although I’ve been avoiding it, I believe the key to marketing my art is through YouTube. Although I have a Youtube page, I’ve been reluctant to put much effort into it. I think the reason is, like many of us, I’m very self-conscious. Previously, when I have made a video, I overly critique myself (i.e., I don't think I look good on camera..I don't like the way I pronunciate...nothing in my life is that interesting.). However, then I’ll watch YouTube and think, I look better than those people...I pronunciate better that they do...My life is more interesting than theirs! So I’ve come to the conclusion, that maybe I’m just using the excuse of being self-conscious as an excuse to be lazy. I’m not looking at YouTube as a way to get wealthy, I want to use YouTube channel as a way to market my art. So look for that in the future. By the way, here’s the link to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MHopkinsCartoons


Enough of my babbling, let's get to the new art.


First, below are the new, Missed Approach Episodes -6 “YouTube Star” (yes, it's amazing how my life coincides with my webcomics...


Missed Approach - by Michael Hopkins



Next my most recent two caricatures. The first one is of Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute from the television show, The Office. 




Finally, the next caricature is of an Instagramer I follow, Nicole Dodson (not sure if that's her real name?). What I find fascinating about Nicole (besides that fact that she is beautiful ) is the way she speaks her mind without regard for what the current politically correct opinion might be (and although I don’t always agree with her), in that regard, I’d like to emulate Nicole.




Well, I guess that's enough for now. I'll talk to you next Sunday!

Sincerely,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment