Sunday, January 17, 2021

My Brain is Too Full

Good Morning!


I’m going to share a secret. Don’t tell anyone...ok? I have an idea, for a new episode. of my webcomic, Missed Approach episode inside my brain.



The fact is, I can't stop thinking about this idea. I’m sure it’s going to offend some (several) people and I’m sure some people are going to love it...I love it and I haven't even drawn it yet?? However I do need to get it out of my head and on some paper. I can't stop thinking about it. You see, although I love my webcomic, it’s very time consuming and leaves very little time for anything else, which is why you don't see many updates to it. I have to find a way to expand time, so I have more time to draw. Maybe I’ll look back at some old Star Trek episodes and see if there’s a way to accomplish this?? Till then, for those of you who are not familiar with my
Missed Approach (99.999% of the world's population),  here’s my favorite episode of the series












Lately the artistic part of my brain has been very productive. Ideas are piling up, filling my brain and causing headaches. Things are just piling up and my head, drawing ideas, marketing ideas, webcomic ideas Unfortunately there must be a blockage somewhere between the brain and the hands, because the actual production isn't keeping up. In fact, I really didn't want to get up and write this blog today, but my brain forced me to (stupid brain!). There must be something I’m doing right (mentally) and wrong physically. Sitting down to draw after getting off of an eight hour job is sometimes like pushing a car that ran out of gas, to the nearest gas station...slightly uphill. I know what I need to do. I need to be a full time caricaturist, blogger, cartoonist, marketer and my own agent (Hmmm??? Wouldn’t it be nice to have an artists agent).


I’m sending a letter this week to several art galleries. I’ve already contacted two galleries and the goal this week is to contact a least a dozen more. I’m also working on a new YouTube series. In fact, I have already, tentatively, booked my first guest. The idea I came up with is amazing and one that I hope you’ll enjoy it. I would tell you more (whispers) but I’m sure they're listening….Stay tuned and share more, real soon.


However, the first thing I need to do is make it possible to give up the day job, concentrate on the art and relieve the pressure in my brain.


I’m working on it.


Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment