Sunday, January 3, 2021

Rash Decisions

I am definitely prone to rash decisions. 

In my previous blog, I stated that I was no longer going to offer prints of my Pen & Ink Caricatures. Today, I've spent the entire day, thinking about that decision. Although I am correct in stating that this would increase the value/worth of my original drawings, after a full day of self-debate (in which I always win) I feel that was an incorrect and probably a bit of a selfish decision. Why? The reason is, that it would limit the number of people (who really do appreciate my art's value) who want to purchase my art, but can't afford an original drawing. I understand that problem, as I have struggled with the cost of living in this world, for most of my life. When looking back on my life today, I realized that would never have been able to afford an original drawing of my favorite artists work. When I have purchased art in the past, it was always a print, as that was all I could afford.

Alas, I have decided to alter my decision. I will continue to offer signed, limited editions of my drawings and lower cost than the original. This will continue to ensure that those who appreciate my work (but cant afford an original) will have the opportunity to enjoy ownership of my art.

Talk to you soon,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment