Monday, February 6, 2023

Is Blogging Dead?

Is blogging dead?


That's the consensus among those I've discussed this question with recently. From those discussions, I've surmised that the main reason for the declining health of blogging, is because of YouTube (video killed the blog-eio star) and the fact that people would prefer to watch videos as opposed to getting the same information via reading a blog. Is this because people are becoming lazy or are videos more entertaining? I would hope for our societies sake, that it's the latter. However, from my casual observations of the ever increasing plethora of idiots around me, laziness is on the rise.


While pondering the death of blogs, I've considered doing away with my blog and replacing it with a video blog. However, being the introvert that I am, I have been unable to pull the trigger on that decision (and contribute to the demise of the frontal lobe in our society). Not saying I won't make that decision, however for now, I'm in a holding pattern.


At the same time, another decision I'm contemplating (in an effort to increase sales) is offering free shipping at my online store, The Michael Hopkins Caricatures Online Store. What’s holding up that decision is whether or not it would actually increase sales or just increase my costs? Decisions…decisions. Which brings up the question, is it better to make an incorrect decision than to make no decision at all, over the fear of making an incorrect decision??


While going through some old storage boxes recently, I came across some old caricatures I created back in the 1990's. So, I submit your viewing pleasure, a few...


Michael Hopkins Caricatures Classics!
(my apologies to those who don't know who the following people are...ask Google)


                        
                         Larry Bird


George Burns 

Jerry $einfeld



Jack Kemp and Bob Dole

Talk to you soon....

Michael






No comments:

Post a Comment