Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Manfanilow

My name is Michael and I am a Fanilow. What is a "Fanilow"? Well, according to the Urban Dictionary…


"A woman, usually 40+ years of age, who is completely and unexplainably obsessed with Barry Manilow".


Well, that definition worries me…


However, being a man who is completely secure in his manhood and given the fact that I love the music of Barry Manilow, maybe I’m a Manfanilow? I first heard Barry's music in the 1970's, while I was in high school. It was never "cool" in high school to like Barry Manilow's music, it was akin to liking ABBA (and by the way, I freaking love ABBA as well). It was cool to like KISS, Boston, AC/DC and others of that ilk, however, back then as I am today, I didn't care what others thought of me or my tastes and musically that includes Barry Manilow.


So here my ode to Barry Manilow ..




 

No comments:

Post a Comment