Thursday, March 2, 2023

Questions

Last Friday evening around 9pm, a care flight was involved in a fatal accident, approximately 45 miles south of the Reno/Tahoe International Airport. Following is the link to the story, as reported by the New York Times 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/25/us/nevada-care-flight-plane-crash.html


First off, I'd like to extend my condolences to the family and friends of those lost in this accident. Most of us have experienced loss and I'm sure all of our hearts go out to these individuals. 


The reason I've brought up this accident is that it occurred close to my home in Reno, Nevada. Also, the fact that when I start my day at 3am, I've often seen the type of aircraft that was involved in the accident (a Pilatus PC-12), landing at Reno/Tahoe International Airport. Whether or not, I've seen the same aircraft landing (that was involved in the accident), I can't say for sure sure, but it was definitely the same type of aircraft. The Pilatus PC-12 is very noticeable aircraft landing in the darkness. It has a very unique set of lights that remind me of something out of the movie, Men in Black.




I've often been intrigued by what we leave behind, when we are no longer physically here. Do we retrace what we did before we left, trying to figure out what happened? I know that when I make mistakes, I retrace the steps leading up to that mistake trying to learn from my mistakes. 

“In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Churchill paraphrased Santayana when he said ‘Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.’ 

International Churchill Society

Of course after we’re gone, we can't repeat it…or can we? 

I believe in the afterlife. Something which I can't prove, its just a feeling. Some believe that if there are ghosts or spirits that walk among us, they are doing so, because they are trying to figure out what went wrong. Why was their life taken away? If this is true, does this mean that in the afterlife, can we figure out what went wrong? Would we rest easier knowing? It’s an interesting question. I believe that if spirits (ghosts) walk among us, they valued life to the extent, that they came back. Maybe in the afterlife, they can come back and share their love of life with us? Wouldn't it be nice?





No comments:

Post a Comment