Thursday, March 9, 2023

My Alternate Reality - Part 3

As I climb down into the reactor, I thank God and Rudolf Diesel for our back up power, without which, I'd be as frozen as a popsicle. Luckily 'ole Vladimir and his troops aren't the smartest goons in space, or they'd have checked for back up power when they decided to cut the wires on the main reactor. Come to think of it, lucky for me this ancient diesel backup generator, didn't kick on until they left the ship. If they'd heard that, they would have certainly destroyed that as well and I’d be, well….done.


It’s creepy down here in the reactor. Although I know that there’s nobody left on this ship but me and the brain dead Tamroidian up on deck, I'm still hearing things…voices? Screams? Nah, just my imagination…but still? 


Since I reconnected the wires up on deck, all I have to do to activate the reactor, is to input the proper reactivation sequence and abracadabra (a low humming noise fills the room as from inside the titanium chamber, the reactor begins to revolve) There ya go! Good thing I paid attention in the, What to do in Case of an Emergency, class. Ha! Should have been called, What to do in case your Chief Mechanic gets obliterated by Vladimir Syonkia and his goons class! I find the dead Chief’s vodka stash and pour myself a shot. Here’s to you Chief!


I think to myself, it's time to get out of this hole and back up to the flight deck before something creepy happens. So I turn off the diesel backup generator, head up the stairs and turn off the lights. As I grab the door handle to exit…"clunk"...the deadbolt locks from the opposite side of the door. 

My heart stops…something creepy is happening...

To be continued.


© Copyright 2023 by Michael Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment