Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Sunshine and Lollipops

The Michael Hopkins Caricatures Traveling Salvation Show is back on the road tonight. Our first stop is at a local High School to celebrate with the Senior class, their graduation from the easiest part of their lives and to welcome them into the real world. We will help them celebrate this Puritan ritual, with a caricature drawing from yours truly. A drawing that is meant to "exaggerate in order to create a comic or grotesque effect" (i.e., caricature). Sounds like a good time to me! I remember my graduation from high school (approximately a billion years ago), we went bowling…hmmm?…If only we had a caricature artist back then….


“Nothing stresses me out. Except having to seek the approval of my inferiors.”

— Dwight Schrute 


…which is why I'll never participate in another art exhibit. Also, isn't "Honorable Mention" another way of saying "atta boy"?? 


At least those were my thoughts as I left last night's awards dinner (for the exhibit in which I participated). Now some people are probably thinking, "that guy's got some ego" (WHO FREAKING CARES WHAT SOME PEOPLE  THINK!!). Well, when it comes to my art my friend, why yes, I certainly doodilly do. However, I believe that most artists share that ego, when it comes to their artwork. It probably comes with the territory, when you're an artist. However, after neutralizing my controversial thoughts with heavy doses caffeine this morning, I have come to the realization, that although I was disappointed with the results (that's a major understatement), I'm glad I participated in the event. At the minimum (besides the "Honorable Mention " award) I'm sure my art received a ton of free exposure. Also, if you're traveling through Reno-Tahoe International Airport between now and the end of July, stop by and say "howdy" to my drawings…oh and tip your hat to those F**KING WINNERS!! (oops…the caffeine is wearing off)


Now back to my padded room and my Keurig…



My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows…

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows…

My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows…






No comments:

Post a Comment